Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The first day of the rest of my life! 12-09-2009

I have just created my very own blog, something that I thought to be totally impossible for me to do. It is my hope to use this blog to talk about things that are very near an dear to me.
God, Family, Our Country, Masonry, My love of life, My love of Florida, My dog Max(He's Family), My Job, and just about anything else that crosses my mind at the time. Most Importantly, the people of my life!
Christmas:
Christmas is quickly approaching and it sure is a busy time of the year. I have something scheduled for each evening between now and Christmas Day. Call me crazy, you're right!
First and most importantly, Christmas is a celebration of the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ, the son of God. LUKE Chapter 2 of the Bible will tell us this story. If you do not know it, please find time this Christmas to read LUKE Chapter 2. Share it with your Family and Friends.
My Wish:
My wish this Christmas would be for our Country to try to heal and repair. We need to somehow try to figure out how to put more God and less Government in our lives. Now, I do not suggest the removal of government. It has a great roll in each and every one of our lives. We need more elected officials that are true statesmen and not those that seem to have more personal gain at heart. We need statesmen, not politicians.
We need to do what is right. We each need to be responsible for our own lives and not depend on government to provide any of our basic needs. The more we depend on governement, the bigger it gets and the more liberty and freedoms we loose. Be responsible. Do what is right.

By the way, I have a great wife named Paula, A daughter named Jordan. She is all that too! and a handsome young son named Mason. We have a black Lab named Max to complete our family. He is truly a member of our family. Enjoy the holidays!

Thanks for checking out my blog.
This is really cool!

Gary D. Huffman

No comments:

Post a Comment